Hiring us for your event
Yay Bikes! is proud to offer a premier bike parking solution for your event based on 9+ years of experience parking bikes at major events throughout Central Ohio. Providing a bike corral helps you accomplish several event goals:
LESS CAR TRAFFIC
Bike corrals encourage people to leave their cars at home by ensuring that there is a safe place for their bicycle; particularly cyclists with expensive bikes or "different" bikes (e.g., tandems or those with trailers for their kids) don't feel comfortable locking up to a parking meter.
LESS event clutter
Bicycles parked in pedestrian thoroughfares are no fun for anyone.
MORE GREEN CRED
We are proud to provide an enriching experience for event attendees who travel by bicycle.
By providing secure bicycle parking at your event you reduce car traffic and promote a cleaner, healthier alternative for transportation.
Thank you for your interest in providing free, secure bicycle parking for cyclists at your event.
With Pedal Instead you get:
- Experienced staff who will help you optimize your corral experience
- Promotion of your event on our website and Facebook page
- Media templates and coaching on how to promote the availability of your bike corral
- A festive and educational experience for cyclists, "bike curious" attendees and passersby
- Trained and supervised volunteers to staff the bike corral during 100% of your event
- Health and environmental data from cyclists who ride to your event
- Bike parking equipment and supplies, including security fencing
OUR FEE STRUCTURE
Your fee will be determined by the size of bike corral you choose and your event's number of days. We will help you determine the optimal size of your corral, based on our years of experience; your expected event attendance and location; your prior history of providing a corral and other factors. Our rates for the 2016 season are:
- Mini corral — up to 18 bikes at once / 14’x25’* / $250 per 8-hour event day
- Small corral — up to 78 bikes at once / 46’x40’* / $500 per 8-hour event day
- Medium corral — up to 126 bikes at once / 46’x60’* / $675 per 8-hour event day
- Large corral — up to 250 bikes at once / 110’x40’* / $1,000 per 8-hour event day
- Extra large corral — Contact us
*Sizes are approximate; we can create corrals of any shape to suit your needs.
Additional fees may apply in the following circumstances:
- Extended operation — You will be charged $50/hour over 8 hours of operation per day, per corral.
- Late booking — Events that have not submitted a signed contract and deposit within four weeks of the event will incur a $25/week late booking fee.
- Extra travel — Events occurring more than 15 miles of Downtown Columbus may incur additional costs.
Contact Yay Bikes! to check the availability of the date and to complete a contract, then mail a 50% deposit check with signed contract to Yay Bikes! at the address listed below. After securing your date, Pedal Instead will work with you to finalize logistics for your event. Questions? Contact Catherine Girves at 614-371-8232 or email Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org